www.capitalOne360.com/Settlement is a secure website that is managed by the Capital One Financial Corporation. The portal is used to settle a Capital One 360 account after someone has passed away. However, before a a Capital One 360 account holder will be settled, account holder must present some doucments which includes:
- A copy of the death certificate
- Letter of Administration or Letters Testamentary with a court signature dated within the last 2 years
- Letter of Direction signed by all of the executors, and a check payable to the estate.
Note that the Letter of Administration or Letters Testamentary allows Capital One to work with the person in order to close the account.
SEE ALSO: Capital One 360 Online banking Login
All the above listed documents in regards to closing an account upon death can be mailed to Capital One 360, P.O. Box 360, Wilmington, DE 19899.
www.CapitalOne360.com/Settlement Important Notes
- Based on the terms of settlement there won’t be an early withdrawal penalty for CDs being settled.
- Capital One home loan accounts require a Death Certificate with a visible seal, a Letter of Administration or Letters Testamentary with a visible seal and the Letter of Direction as mentioned above under state and federal law.
- In some circumstances Capital One may also request a date of the Death Letter, past statements and a past 1099.
- Joint accounts are easier to close and do not require as much information (normally just the death certificate needs to be submitted).
- If the remaining joint account holder is a minor, then the minor’s parent or guardian will have to complete the Minor Account Instruction Form, have it notarized.
- For more questions in regards to closing a joint account, call 1-888-464-0727, from 8 a.m.-8 p.m Monday to Friday
- Questions in regards to settling a CapitalOne home loan account can be directed to a customer service agent by calling 1-866-509-3906.
You need wait for up to 10 business days to receive a check (if entitled) in regards to closing a 360 Savings account, CD or 360 Checking. For further questions in regards to closing an 360 account can be directed to fax 1-866-464-5112 or email@example.com. Also, you can visit www.capitalone360.com/settlement for moe information.
More from Insurance Gist