Auto Insurance Claim Settlement Tips You Should Know

Provided you have no problems with your insurance coverage, when filed a claim with for physical damage to your vehicle from a car accident, or for injuries sustained in a crash, (Med Pay Claim), your claim should be approved and paid.

When you had an accident with another driver and the faulty is partially from him, and not from you. You may make a claim with the other driver’s insurance company.

If it is a Property Damage claim, similar to claims with your own insurer, they will typically pay the body shop directly for repairs once they receive an estimate from the shop. However, the other driver’s insurance will also pay for a rental car for you for a reasonable and necessary time that your car must be in for repairs.

If you are injured and making a bodily injury claim with the other driver’s insurance company, there are no hard and fast rules regarding settlement.

If you are offered a settlement amount which you believe is fair and you want to take it, you will be asked to sign a Release and Waiver. It is always advisable you call an attorney to look at the documents before you sign them.

Nevertheless, if you have anything more serious than a minor injury, it is often beneficial to have an attorney represent you so you know you are being dealt with fairly.

Auto Insurance Claim Settlement Tips

If you cannot reach a settlement, you may try the below Auto Insurance claim settlement tips.

  • Contact an attorney to file suit against the responsible party (especially if time is of the essence).
  • Also contact an attorney to negotiate for you, so the attorney will file suit to protect your rights.
  • If you are in states like Alabama, Hawaii, Michigan, New Hampshire, Florida, Louisiana, Montana, Washington and Nebraska. You may file suit and/or file a complaint with the Department of Insurance for Third Party Bad Faith.

Sometimes to settle a claim of any kind is easy . Try and ask questions if you don’t understand what the insurance company is telling you. Or you consult an attorney for assistance.